Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Flower Power










Today I went to The Flower Fields of Carlsbad Ranch (www.theflowerfields.com) and it was amazing. I have never seen such rows of flowers in my life. There was a rose garden as well as a poinsettia house. There is no way to put the 72 pictures I took on this blog. The colors were just breath taking and the fragrance was heavenly. The fields are Ranunculus, butter cup family, and I purchase a bunch of red ones as a reminder of today plus a package of yellow bulbs and purple bulbs to plant in my own garden once I get home. They also have a nursery and the flowers and plants are huge and at a great price. They have some wonderful yard art, bird feeders, seeds and bulbs. It was just the best way to spend the afternoon. The only thing is it began to drizzle rain and the wind picked up which made it cold. I would like to go back when it is sunny and warm. This was great eye candy provided by my MAKER! Grow where you are planted........

1 comment:

Nick Davis said...

I am glad you are enjoying yourself out in California. I got a webcam so we can actually see each other when we talk. I love you.

Nick