Monday, December 15, 2008

California Christmas Lights

Hope you enjoy seeing these. . .
Don't ever believe that Marines don't have talents beyond the battlefield. Here is proof that they are very much into lights and Christmas. Since I took these several more houses have been decorated and/or added more lights!

Can you guess what this is on the top of this house? Well, if you could look closely it is a picture of the state of Texas!


And last is a picture of the Christmas lights that Nicolette and I hung together. There are very few houses with blue lights, but we are having a "Blue Christmas" without Jeremy.

This past Saturday we went to an Ornament Exchange at a friend of Nicolette's. We really had a great time. It was nice to see some of the people I had met when I was here last June/July.

I took a group shot for the girls because some are leaving the military and some are moving to another post. This group has been together for several years. The lady on the first row with the jacket on is Major Keel's wife Robin. Before Jeremy was sent on this deployment he was in the MASS 3 unit (Marine Air Support Services) and these are the wives of the guys he served with. Most are waiting for their husbands to return in March.

Nicolette and Melody. Melody is from Utah and her husband from Alaska and she lives in the same neighborhood as Nicolette. She is very sweet and they are very good friends. I am grateful that Nicolette has such a great group of girlfriends and that they all support each other during the rough times.
I too am grateful for my girlfriends, and you know who you are, (Fabulous 5 & The Incredible). Without them I don't know how I would make it! Friends Forever. . .








No comments: