Saturday, May 2, 2009

First Anniversary

Today is the first anniversary of my husband Gary's death. He died one year ago today at 1:15 p.m. This has at times been a very difficult week but with the Lord's help, the prayers of my church family, and my special group of friends (and you all know who you are) I have made it through the hardest part, or at least I think so.

Monday will be the day that his funeral was held and the last time I saw him. I know he is in heaven celebrating and singing and not missing this life at all. Praise God he is not suffering any longer! I know we will see each other again and that Gary will be right there when I leave this world and enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I don't have a clue what tomorrow will bring but I do know where my eternity will be.

However, I do miss my husband and my children are far away so today I miss family. I miss the us that made us a couple and a family of 5. I miss my man hugs, intimate laughter, being called "Precious," sitting on the sofa holding hands, and running errands together. I miss much more than I can write on this page.

My advice, especially since no one asked for it, don't take the little things for granted, it's not worth the disagreement or argument, children grow up WAY too fast, and know, really know that life can change in an instant.......

1 comment:

sherry said...

You are so precious to me!